Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, born on 15 October 1931, was an Indian aerospace scientist and statesman who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. He was born and raised in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, and studied physics and aerospace engineering. He spent the next four decades as a scientist and science administrator, mainly at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), and was intimately involved in India’s civilian space program and military missile development efforts. He thus came to be known as the Missile Man of India for his work on the development of ballistic missiles and launch vehicle technology. He also played a pivotal organizational, technical, and political role in India’s Pokhran-II nuclear tests in 1998, the first since the original nuclear test by India in 1974 schweiz-libido.com.
Kalam was elected as the 11th president of India in 2002 with the support of both the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party and the then-opposition Indian National Congress. Widely referred to as the “People’s President”, he returned to his civilian life of education, writing, and public service after a single term. He was a recipient of several prestigious awards, including the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honour.
A personality as globally celebrated and glorious as our former president, APJ Abdul Kalam Azad, has also penned down several books in his lifetime, all of which have been a bestseller. His words, thoughts, and ideas are like the lanterns that will ignite the present and future generations alike. Here are some of his most famous quotes.
- “All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds. Problems are common, but attitude makes the difference!!!”
- “If you FAIL, never give up because F.A.I.L. means “First Attempt in Learning”. END is not the end; in fact, E.N.D. means “Effort Never Dies”. If you get NO as an answer, remember N.O. means “Next Opportunity”.”
- “Confidence and Hard work are the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. It will make you a successful person.”
- “Don’t read success stories, you will only get a message. Read failure stories, you will get some ideas to get success.”
- “You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.”
- “One best book is equal to hundred good friends but one good friend is equal to a library.” ~
- “When a mother is happy, family is happy. When a family is happy, a nation is happy.”
- “In this world, fear has no place. Only strength respects strength.”
- “If you salute your work, you do not have to salute anybody. If you pollute your work, you have to salute everybody.”
- “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
- “Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you, but to help you realize your hidden potential and power, let difficulties know that you too are difficult.”
- “If you want to shine like the sun, first burn like the sun.”
- “What is the secret of success? Right decisions. How do you make the right decisions? Experience. How do you gain experience? Wrong decisions.”
- “Problems are common, but attitude makes the difference!!!”
- “If we are not free, no one will respect us.”
- “Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.”
- “Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.”
- “Once your mind stretches to a new level it never goes back to its original dimension”
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in the second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
- “Be active! Take on responsibility! Work for the things you believe in. If you do not, you are surrendering your fate to others.”
- “Without your involvement, you can’t succeed. With your involvement, you can’t fail.”
- “While children are struggling to be unique, the world around them is trying all means to make them look like everybody else.”
- “It Is very easy to Defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone”
- “Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.”
- “A Fool can become a Genius when he understands he is a Fool but. A Genius can become a Fool when he understands he is a Genius.